Monday, May 21, 2012

Carpe Diem

It’s 5:30 AM and I found myself eagerly stabbing my fingers on this keyboard.

I don’t know what to write about. I just had a jolt. Out of reflex. Or was it because my wave-mate Anna asked me to blog it.

I was jubilant starting the shift as the VSAT I’ve long been waiting for is finally within my grasp. But my celebration was cut short as when I learned that I got a VDSAT towards the end of the shift. I know no one would get anything from me talking crap. What’s the point?

What could I have done on that bad call that could make it into a VSAT?? My answer – none, but if you asked the TAs I  presume,  they would answer in unison , “A lot, baby!”

It’s all about an old cliché – carpe diem. It’s making the best out of all the opportunities that are presented to us day by day.

Memories went dancing in cornucopia. Regardless if it was a call or a regular holiday sale, chances and their repercussions come in pairs.

Have you ever thought of being offered a job and ended up refusing it? What could have happened if you accepted it then? I have my own lists of “what ifs” and I’ll be sharing some of them.

What if I...
-      dyed my hair, have tattoo and get pierced; went to gym and build muscles; became a true blue teacher; rebelled, dumped my parent wasted my life; changed career path, be a geek, a madman; went abroad, invest, get rich, bum on; cross dressed (never mind!); convert to Islam; eat dog meat; kissed Anne Hathaway; swim for a cause; write a book; sell books; sign my signature on books; ad infinitum...

There are gazillion choices that we may think of and after each is another set of results on either side of the fence. One might be consumed of paranoia over-thinking things.

It all narrows down on the yeses and no’s that we have at the back of our minds. We often provide a spontaneous or a studied response. Each time we opt for something means us having to deal with the long carpet which is the result of our own decisions, which are not red most of the times. Seizing the moment at the right time is very crucial. In the end, once a verdict is made there is no more turning back.

No comments: